While the Comfort-U Total Body Pillow Full Support Pillow was not originally designed as a pregnancy pillow, it is still one of the best pregnancy pillows available in the market.
The Comfort-U was designed by a nurse who had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia due to her chronic joint and muscle pain.
This nurse wanted a pillow that would provide her full body support no matter what she was doing. This pillow works so well at providing both comfort and support that I routinely recommend it to all expectant mothers that I work with.
The Comfort-U pillow has a unique horseshoe shape that allows it to provide full body support, all people have to do is curl up inside the middle of the pillow.
How this works is that the horseshoe shape cradles the entire body, no matter what position it is in, so the body gets maximum support to help relive any stress on the joints.
The pillow also keeps the body in perfect alignment to give users a pain free night of sleep so they wake up in the morning feeling refreshed.
* Horseshoe Shape. The unique shape of the pillow is what allows it to be so comfortable, while providing the body with the support it needs.
No matter what position a person sleeps in the pillow will be there to support them due to its wrap around feature, which is amazing for people that like to switch from one side to the other during the night.
* Support it provides is amazing. Being pregnant it is very hard to get to sleep at night because of the numerous aches and pains, but also finding a way to get comfortable.
The Comfort-U provides pregnant women with the best sleep possible because of the support it provides. The pillow is not too soft nor is too firm, most people find it to be just right to cushion the body while supporting the back and belly.
* Option to purchase other pillowcases. Most pregnancy pillows come with a removable cover, but they are usually white and not offered in other colors.
The Comfort-U comes with the option to purchase extra pillowcases in a variety of colors. This allows people to match the pillowcase to the color of sheets that they are using or choosing a darker color that doesn’t show dirt as fast.
* Works in all types of beds. No matter what size bed is being used, the Comfort-U pillow will fit in the bed. Pregnant women sleeping alone in a single bed won’t have to worry about falling out of bed due to how much room the pillow takes up.
Women sharing a king or queen sized bed with a partner will find that the pillow fits in the bed with both them and their partners, the partners often end up enjoying it more than the expectant moms.
* Stitching along zipper seam. The stitching along the zipper seam is a bit fragile, most of my clients’ state that after the first washing it begins to fray. However, even though it looks like it might fall apart, it holds up really well; just make sure that the zipper is closed when washing the pillow.
Keeping the zipper closed will prevent further fraying if it has already started, but will also help prevent it from happening.
The Comfort-U pillow is a great pregnancy pillow, one I highly recommend to my expectant mothers. The pillow helps provide the right amount of support for the body no matter what position it is in.
With the Comfort-U pillow, there is no need to line the bed with pillows, it is there no matter how much tossing and turning is done at night.