You should have seen the look on my face when I opened my friend Laura’s gift to me at my baby shower!
If looks could kill she would be dead! She had actually gifted me a belly wrap to be used post partum! Who gifts that at a baby shower??!! Yes, I got The Cinch Postpartum Wrap Back Support Hip Shaper!
Content in a Glance
- 1 Technical Specifications
- 2 Here are some Outstanding Features of The Cinch:
- 3 The Upside
- 4 The Cinch Postpartum Wrap Back Support Hip Shaper Video Review:
- 5 The Downside
- 6 The Verdict
But today I thank her profusely and recommend it to anyone willing to listen! Though I am no Erin McNaught or Miranda Kerr, it did help me get back to shape in 8-10 weeks post partum!
The Cinch Postpartum Wrap Back Support Hip Shaper, Nude, X-Small/Medium (The Cinch) is nothing short of a boon to a new mom!
|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Shipping Weight||9.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.7*5*10.3 inches|
|Material Type||60% Nylon with Elastic|
|Sizes Available||X-Small/Medium (26”-34”) & Large/X-Large(33”- 42”)|
|Amazon Rating||3.2/5 Stars|
|Amazon Price||$ 88 + Shipping $3.5|
Here are some Outstanding Features of The Cinch:
360º Compression –
The Cinch was compared to two other rectangular wraps by attaching pressure sensitive devices at 6 points namely two on the abdomen, two on sides and two on the back.
The Barometer revealed that The Cinch had 2 times the compression in abdominal area, than the other wraps and it also had equal compression on all 6 points.
Superior Velcro lap –
The Velcro on The Cinch is two times stronger than those on other wraps! It is made of superior quality and doesn’t snag the clothes or itch.
Left and Right panel indicators with an inbuilt measurement tape and a zipper –
The Cinch has clear marks of ‘R’ & ‘L’ to guide you. It also has a measurement tape on the top seam for adjusting the wrap to your current waist size and also to keep a track of your progress. It also has a zipper on one side for that snug fit.
Pouch for Cold/Warm Compress –
It has a pouch/pocket at the front for keeping a cold or warm compress, which is quite indispensable for those back and tummy aches, for the muscle soreness and cramps.
3 in one –
It not only helps reduce swelling, support core abdominal muscles and return uterus to its original size but also provides back support for preventing back ache and helps in shaping your hips…so that your hips don’t lie! J
Invisible under clothing –
The Cinch unlike other belly wraps is not at all itchy, scratchy, thick, rigid, or bulky and can be easily worn under your clothing when you go out. It is like your second skin!
- Useful for both natural and C-section deliveries.
- Can be used immediately post partum and for multiple pregnancies.
- Shrinks the hips and tummy to pre pregnancy size when used consistently.
- It supports, enhances and tones at the same time.
- Made of finest elastic material, breathable fabric and can double as a shape wear too!
- Can expand or shrink, highly adjustable.
- Endorsed by most of the doctors and midwives.
- Helps in improving your posture.
The Cinch Postpartum Wrap Back Support Hip Shaper Video Review:
- At $88, it is on the higher side and many other belly wraps are available at half the price of The Cinch. But if you ask me, it is worth the price! Although you can check out some other Postpartum Wrap Back Support Hip Shapers Here.
- It is wider at the front than at the back and if not adjusted properly it rolls, creating a bulge.
- It is not long enough to cinch both the top and bottom sections of the tummy at once. Who Needs that?
- Not effective for women with short torsos.
- Can roll up while sitting if not worn properly.
- It is not for weight loss and won’t flatten your tummy if it was never flat to begin with.
A big Yes from my side! Research has shown that abdominal wrapping immediately post partum helps the tummy muscles, uterus and hips to shrink to pre pregnancy size.
Many hospitals give a belly wrap or belt while discharging you and you may also see many cheaper options in the market but the fabric and features of Cinch set it apart from other run of the mill belly wraps which are not as effective. Invest in your tummy, back and hips! Say no to baby bulge!